Sunday, June 8, is Children’s Day, the day to have parents be completely involved with their children. It is a day to appreciate children and show them how important they are to the lives of their parents. There are so many fun ways to make children feel special. Continue reading and find out some amazing ways to celebrate.
Amazing Ways to Celebrate National Children’s Day
Before making any concrete plans, parents should ask their children what they would like to do with them on Children’s Day. It’s their day and they should have a say in how to spend it. If they don’t know what they would like to do, parents can suggest some of the following activities:
- Arts and Crafts: Parents can make time to paint and draw with their child to see how they view the world.
- Baking: Parents can bake their child’s favorite dessert, and let their children decorate them in any way they wish.
- Children’s Day Crowning: Parents can tell their little ones make a crown for themselves to make them feel like royalty.
- Food Cravings: Children can choose the menu of the day for breakfast, lunch and dinner and even with the preparation with their supervision.
- Loving Declarations: Parents can tell their little ones 3 things they love about them.
- Movie Madness: Children can pick their favorite movies and have a movie marathon with their parents.
- Play Making: Children can create their own characters by making masks and dressing up to make a homemade play for their parents.
- Reading Time: Parents, with the help of their children, can make a special reading corner and have reading time with their little ones. Have fun with the voices of each character to make the experience memorable.
Those activities were just a small sample of the many activities parents can participate in with their children. The important thing is to make sure every child knows they are truly special.
For more information about Children’s Day, visit United States National Children’s Day Site.